- The signposting on the Vennbahn has been improved.
- The Vennbahn is not all tarmac
- Cycling on after the Vennbahn in Luxembourg is not easy. You can cycle East into Belgium and pick up the Ravel route to Bastogne. From there you can cycle to Wiltz in Luxembourg, then cycle along the Piste Cyclable des Ardennes to reach the Sûre Valley to cycle to Echternach or on to Wasserbillig on the Mosel. Once on the Mosel you can cycle downstream to Koblenz, turn off on to the Saar Cycle Route to Saarbrücken or cycle upstream to Nancy. From Echternach take a pleasant cycle route to Luxembourg City.
- OR you can take any Luxembourg Railway train from Troisvierges to Luxembourg for €2 per person with free bike transport. If you want to travel further by train a day ticket costs €4 within Luxembourg.
Monday, March 24, 2014
We went to the annual Frankfurt cycle touring fair yesterday, We spent some time talking to the LVI - the Luxembourg Cycle Club about what to to do after cycling the Vennbahn. This starts in Aachen and finishes in Troisvierges in the North of the Grand Duchy. We learned several items of interest:
- ► 2016 (44)
- ► 2015 (72)
- An easy way to carry shopping and loads on a bicyc...
- Vennbahn revisited
- Fines for mobile phone users in traffic
- Good Ideas for Bikes in Cities: Cycling after illn...
- An excellent article on cycling in cities
- Preview SPEZI Special Bicycle Show Germersheim 201...
- Good Ideas for Bikes in Cities: Illuminated Biking...
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2013 (82)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)